Monday, February 1, 2010

Early Morning Run

I love when things work out.

This morning Jason and I got up at 5:00 so we could take him to the airport, but at the last minute his plans changed and he ended up staying home. It worked out perfect for me. I had a VERY busy day planned and it helped to have an extra set of hands. So, since we weren't going to the airport, I went for my run.

I took my time and didn't look at my watch. I felt really good. I felt fast, but not too fast. I felt comfortable. The time went by fast and before I knew it I was home. I did 4 miles in 50 min. Like I said, I took my time. :) My heart rate was under 160 the whole time. When I got home I did 50 crunches and 15 girly push ups.

So, tomorrow's going to be an early morning. My mom and dad are opening their mission call at 6AM Utah time. Exciting!!! I'm debating on if I should run before or after. I think I'll do it before, but if I do I'll have to go to bed now so I get lots of sleep.

I like getting my runs done early in the morning cause it's done and I can enjoy the rest of the day and not have to try to figure out when to get my run in. Plus, Jason says I'm a happier woman when I get my run done early. :) The only thing is in the winter time it's SOO hard to get up early and run. I can't wait to run in the spring and summer. I wonder what season will hold the perfect temp at 5:30AM.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you have really motivated me! i have been doing some running on my treadmill. i plan on running outside this week. and i am super excited because i signed up for my first ever 5k. thank you for inspiring me!