Tuesday, June 29, 2010

You know it's bad when...

...your husband asks you when the last time you ran was and why you aren't out there doing it. My response: "I'm prego and I'm tired...." LOL! I know, I need to get out there. I ran across the yard today...does that count? I need to....I really need to....but things have been so busy. I feel like I'm constantly going. I can't wait until August. Things will be more toned down then. Ugh...

I can do this...I can run. My biggest fear is that I'll gain back all my weight and not run through the whole pregnancy. It's all good though...I'm signed up for the Half marathon in October, so I KNOW I need to keep my running up. I don't care if I have to WALK the half marathon...I'm going to do it and to do it I need to keep exercising. I just need to make it a priority. :)

So...here's a funny story. I've been craving Country Fried Steak, right....well, I didn't look like we were going to go get any anytime soon so I thought to myself, "Self...why don't you make some at home." BAD IDEA. If you ever want to get rid of a food craving of something that's ONLY good when made at a restaurant...attempt to make it at home and it will go away just like that. I'm telling you, it was HORRIBLE! It was burnt, dried, nasty stuff. It made good dog food, but other than that....it was bad...just bad... The frying oil made me nauseous, the house smelled like burnt batter, and the fat being boiled out of the meat by the oil just grossed me out. I don't know what I was thinking. Crazy woman.

Anyway, tonight will be fun. My sister and I are going to watch Eclipse with all the crazies out here in Utah. We're people watchers so it's fun to see everyone going nuts over a movie, plus, that werewolf's not too bad looking. :) Hahaha!

4 comments:

@mie said...

Running across the yard TOTALLY counts!!! =)
Any movement during pregnancy counts in my book! LOL
Hopefully some energy will come back soon and motivation will come back!

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

You can do this! Stay positive!

funderson said...

Just one foot in front of the other, mama. Are you doing The Other Half in Moab?

Heather said...

The first trimester of pregnancy is just so tiring. Nausea/Exhaustion for weeks. Do not feel bad if you don't run. Your body feels like it's running a marathon all day already. I have four kids. I am in great shape. I love to run but I do not run when I am pregnant. It just doesn't feel good to me at all. Find the exercise that feels good to you and do that. Yoga, walking, weights, whatever. I know a lot of women love swimming while pregnant.