Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My only pregnancy symptom...

Ok, so you remember how I was supposed to do 4 miles yesterday and 2 miles today? Wellll...that didn't happen. You wanna know why? Because the only symptom I get while pregnant hit...I lose any and all energy and my body focuses 100% on building the baby.

You know when you stay up really late and you get so tired that no matter how hard you try you can't keep your eyes open? Yeah, that's what happens to me during the first trimester. The only thing is...it happens at the weirdest times of the day. Today for example, I got up around 5am  to take my mom and dad to the MTC before they head off to Sierra Leone, West Africa next Tuesday, and on my way home I just couldn't keep my eyes open. It just hit me like a ton of bricks. I was able to get home alright around 8:30, but once I got home and sat on the couch...boy...I was OUT. I was out about as much as a momma of 3 can be (sleeping with one eye open, ya know?) and slept until about 12:30. I'm glad my MIL is here cause I totally needed help today. It was insane!

When I got up at 12:30 I was still drained, but I needed to get things done. I had to switch the laundry and get the kids fed and down for naps. I did all that and it took every last ounce of energy I had. I ended up going back to sleep on the couch until about 2:30. I kept thinking, "I need to run...I need to run..." and then a couple seconds later I'd think, "Are you crazy? You can barely do the laundry." Soooo...after a crazy day of being totally drained I took the kids to the park cause I promised B we'd keep learning how to ride the bike. It probably wasn't the best idea (tired momma=very little patience), but she did alright. I'm sure it's going to take longer than a week to teach her (Any tips would be helpful!), but it's all good.

So, now I'm hoping to go to bed early so I can get up and do my run and work on cleaning out the garage tomorrow. Fun, fun!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I must have missed the pregnancy announcement! Congratulations and I do hope you get some pep back soon. The fatigue was the worst. Hang in there momma!

Anne said...

Take good care of yourself Momma :)

@mie said...

Oh girl... being at the end of the road that you are just starting makes my heart hurt for you. Maybe set a goal to start running every day in the 2nd trimester? =) LOL
You can always take my approach. Gain 55 pounds and take the next 6 years to get it off! =)
You are too dedicated to do that... things will get better. I am free to take the kids anytime you need. My girls would love it!

Amanda said...

A very high protein diet is one way to combat the fatigue. Check out the Bradley Method nutrition guide for expecting moms. It pepped me right up and also helps the baby get what it needs. You are totally excused from running right now to build that precious life :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! What a wonderful blessing. I could not work out with either of my pregnancies...at all. I have always worked out and the pregnancies knocked my on my behind. I was so exhausted as well. I do hope you are able to get some strength back but until then, just do what it tells you to do.

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

That is how I knew I was pregnant before I took the test. My runs started to suck!

mommaof3ontherun said...

I am an exhausted prego person too. I've had three kids. I can remember falling asleep sitting at my computer at work. There was nothing that could stop it. The exhaustion after having a baby is bad, but that first trimester was crazy! Good luck!

Lynette said...

Running will always be there. Take the time now to enjoy your pregnancy and to get enough rest =)

S Club Mama said...

Just remember that if your body tells you to slow down, slow down. :)

Kerrie said...

I was exactly like that, too. Could barely function I was so tired. Take care of yourself and baby!