Monday, June 21, 2010

My first run post marathon...

...not bad, not bad. Considering I didn't eat before I went. I shoulda... I guess those are the things you learn when you run while pregnant.
I felt good besides my legs being drained of energy. My arches felt fine, my thighs were a little achy, and my IT issues didn't act up at all. I ended up going about 2.41 miles which wasn't bad. I made myself not look at my watch cause I didn't want to focus on pace or anything, I just wanted to get out there and run. It kinda sucks going these short distances cause it takes me about 2 miles to warm up, so I tend not to enjoy the first couple miles. It's all good though, at least I'm out there running, right?
This morning was the perfect morning to run. I loved it! It wasn't too warm, there wasn't a breeze, and it wasn't too bright out either.

I was able to get in another 10 minute run today, I don't know how far I went or anything, but I'm teaching B to ride a bike, so I ran beside her the whole time and felt great. I need to bring water next time, but other than that, it was fun being able to run along side of her. Heaven knows last year at this time I was still getting winded while running. It's amazing how you can improve when you keep on keeping on. :)

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Good job getting out there and good luck with the bike training. :)

misszippy said...

Glad it was a positive experience! Keep up the good work.

Amy said...

That is a big deal! Way to go. :)

Robyn said...

That's awesome, and it will be great when you can run while she bikes.

Katie said...

Thats great! And it is so great to see how far you have come from last year! YAY for you!

MJ said...

glad you had a great run :) just think where you'll be NEXT year!

Anne said...

Sounds like a great run! How cool to be able to compare your fitness level compared to last year...and pregnant too! Awesome!

Unknown said...

Awesome job! I'm so impressed that you're running while pregnant.