Thursday, June 10, 2010

Finish Chelsea's Run Virtual Race

This morning I thought it would be best to use my last training run to do my Finish Chelsea's Run Race. I started by going around the inside of the lake by my house.

I tied the ribbons Kayte gave me around my wrist while I ran. They had fun blowing in the crazy wind that comes when you run around here.


After running about a mile I saw a tree that had blue and orange flowers around it. Orange and blue were Chelsea's favorite colors, so I thought it was fitting. I didn't see another tree like that for the rest of my run, so I'm glad I stopped when I did and put them on there.


I finished my 2 miles in 24.30 and had a nice time doing it. I took my time and enjoyed the run. I'm glad I could be a part of such a great race.

I have a picture of me at the end of the run, but I look like I'm not fully awake and I look bad, so I'll spare you. Haha!

Run with Kayte, me, and all the other virtual racers. :)

6 comments:

gmontalvo13 said...

congrats! what a great cause!

@mie said...

What a great idea! I wish I wasn't about to burst because it would be really neat to do this!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Nice run for a good reason.

Laurie said...

Beautiful pictures, what a great place to tie the ribbons! Good for you for participating in such a great cause!

H Love said...

so powerful! thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

What a special run this is. You put time and thought into it. So, so precious.