Monday, January 30, 2012

Early run

I woke up early this morning and checked my Facebook only to find my sister's status: "Gained an hour of day this morning by waking up at 5:30am for a "before the kids wake up" run. 4 miles done."

How can you NOT go out and run when you see that your running partner has already gone?! We're going on a small trip today and I was tempted to wait to run until tonight, but after seeing that I couldn't wait. I had to do it now.

I got out before the sun was all the way up. I love seeing the sunrise. It's pretty cool seeing it come over the mountains.

I felt pretty good on my run. I felt like I was going slow, but I was at a pretty fast pace (for me). The major thing I noticed on my run today was that I really need to work on my posture while running. I run so heavy. I don't know of that makes sense, but you see some runners out there that just look SOO light on their feet. I'm the opposite. I trudge along. There are some times when I'm running on the trail or the treadmill and I totally hit the perfect stride and I feel light, but I want to figure out how to do that during the whole run, not just a tiny section of it.

This week will be a fun one. Lots of family time. :)

No comments: