Thursday, January 19, 2012

3 miles and a book...

Today I did 3 miles around the lake. 

The clouds were threatening to rain/snow and there was a super light drizzle at times, but the temperature was PERFECT. I loved it. 

I decided to listen to the Hunger Games today while running. Boy, did that make a difference. My mind was on the book rather than wandering and wanting to quit. I know some people think I'm nuts running while listening to a book, but sometimes it really is MUCH easier to run to. Music gets to be too much sometimes. I ended up running without stopping and I didn't have to fight myself the whole way to keep going. 

Tomorrow I'll do the elliptical again... That or I'll do 2 miles. We'll see what happens. My baby girls turns 1 tomorrow! How crazy is that? I can't believe it's been a whole year. Time flies by so fast.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hunger Games is the perfect kind of book to run to! Good call. :D (And thanks for the comment back, I told myself not to cheat myself all morning today. :D And I finished - so it worked.)

H Love said...

Nice work! Can't believe your baby is turning one! I remember waiting for her to arrive!