Saturday, February 11, 2012

South Jordan Valentines Day 5k

What a day, what a day...

Yesterday I spent all day with my wonderful husband at the hospital for his back surgery. I have an awesome friend who went above and beyond with watching my kids for me. We ended up having to spend the night at the hospital due to pain from the surgery. Luckily, I was able to stay the night with him there and take care of him during the night.

I ended up getting about 3 solid hours of sleep last night, when I woke up this morning around 5:30. 

I drove 1 hour from the hospital back home for the race this morning. 

My sister was waiting for me with my packet when I arrived. This is her first 5k, her first official race. She was so excited. Her goal was to run it in 30 minutes. I told her not to worry about me and to run ahead if she wanted to. She did awesome! She ran it in 30.30. GO JOY!!

Me on the other hand... I felt really slow and heavy. It was one of my faster 5ks, so I was happy about that, but holy cow... It wasn't easy. Those 3 miles were tough. I ended up finishing in 33.20. I think I'm just emotionally drained from a lot of things that are going on.

I saw a couple people running with bibs for Sherry. Pretty cool how many people are running for her this weekend.

Right after the race I went and picked up the kids and then drove an hour back to get Jason at the hospital. 

I did a LOT of driving today, but I'm glad to have him home and taken care of. 

Right now, I'm running on empty emotionally... It's been one of those crazy days where I just feel like binging on a box of JUJUFRUITS.

Tomorrow will be a better day. :)

2 comments:

Cathy Roggia said...

Awesome!!! Beautiful Daughters...Even on no hours of sleep!

Whitney said...

I was looking for you on Saturday morning. Congrats on the race! (I LOVE the longsleeved race shirt!)