Monday, February 20, 2012

Slow start...

 I started out slow this morning with my Yaktrax on.
The snow was on the sidewalks and the sun was out. I was listening to Catching Fire for the first 2 miles and then the book ended.  Just when the snow started to melt, I took off my Yaktrax, put on my music and my speed naturally picked up. Interesting how things work like that.

I picked a different route today. I think that helped...

The view of the city is always amazing, especially after a snowfall.
I am blessed.
My first 2 miles were slow... about 12.30 pace. Then I got into the grove and my pace easily went down to a 9.46 pace...WHAT?! Yeah, man! I love when that happens. If only I could keep it at or around that pace. I ended up doing 4.5 miles and then I finished off walking/fartleks for another .5 miles.

The fartleks were a little tough, but I did it. I told myself that I'd walk on the parts that still had snow on the sidewalks and the parts that were all melted I'd run as fast as I could.

Today was a great day.
It was Jason's birthday!
Happy Birthday Love!!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

9:46? Dooooode! That's amazing.