Monday, February 27, 2012

Quit cheating yourself....


Things I learned on today's run:

1. Ducks around this lake sound like they're laughing when they quack. 

2. I tend to want to stop running when I get bored.

3. I'm capable of running 4.5 easily.

4. I think 3-4 mile runs are tough for me because it takes me about 2 miles to warm up. So, just when I'm warmed up the run is over and I don't have enough time to get my mind in the game. 

5. I made the resolution today to stop cheating myself. I told my sister a couple months ago that the trick to doing better is to not cheat yourself and stop when your mind starts wanting to stop. I figure that's when your body is about to reach a new level and if you stop now that won't happen. So, I took my own advice today. I gotta stop cheating myself.

6. When I make my mind up to do something it's hard to change my mind otherwise. 

7. I have an awesome husband who supports me in all I set my mind to do. (I already knew that, but it was reaffirmed today.)

8. I go faster when I pass other people on my runs. I don't intentionally do it, but I really noticed it today.

9. When I don't stop during my runs I get negative splits. I get faster with each mile I run. When I take breaks my miles are all over the place. 

10. I feel SO much better about myself when I run a nice solid run. 

Tomorrow I'm going to go fast! :) 
I'm going to try some speed training!!

No comments: