Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Internal Cheerleader

I know I'm weird and I may be the only one, but does anyone else out there cheer in their heads for random runners that they see running down the road? I noticed the other day that I do that. Whenever I see a runner I always cheer them on in my head. Sometimes I'll say it out loud (not loud enough for them to hear...I'm not that brave yet.), but mostly it's in my head. "Run, run, run! Go, go, go!" "Way to go!" "Great job!" I don't know why I do it...maybe it's because I know how they feel or because I secretly wish there's others out there doing the same thing when I am trotting along, but what I do know is for that split second that I am cheering them on I am caring for another person and it makes me happy.


There was no run scheduled today, but there was a 15 min walk and some core building exercises. So, again, I put it off until tonight and walked for a mile and then did my exercises. I felt great! I love feeling like I'm building up to something great. Sure, it's hard and it takes effort, but in the end I know it works and it's all worth it.

I can't wait until I get to the point where I was last year where I could run 13 miles with ease.

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

I totally do! Well, I'm a nerd and I will do it out loud, especially if they are running up hill. Not the super fit, fast runners, but the ones who are around my level (maybe a little higher). I usually raise my arm above my head and say something cheesy like "you're almost there" or "you can do it" followed by a "woo hoo!"

I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one. Way to be a cheerleader!