Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Walk, run, walk, run, walk, run... repeat

So, I upped my time this week to 50 minutes. Today, rather than pushing my knee trying to run the whole time, I decided to run/walk the whole time. I walked the first 5 minutes and then ran 2 @5mph and walked 3 @ 4mph over and over until I hit 50 minutes. I feel like I got a better workout doing it that way and I didn't feel COMPLETELY exhausted after. I may have to keep doing it like that. I like the little break cause it helps me push it during the running part. Tomorrow I'll do the same. I may switch it to run 3 walk 2. We'll see. My knee was feeling good. It wasn't hurting, but I know if I pushed it, it would have hurt. 

Today's my hubby's 32nd birthday. Birthdays are a big deal in our family. We went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner...with 5 kids. HAHAHA! It wasn't easy.... Honestly though, the kids did pretty well. I think what made the situation tough was the fact that we have done SO well eating right for the past month and then went to and had this heavy fat loaded dinner (Country fried steak, 4 rolls with honey butter, a house salad with Italian dressing, and LOADED mashed potatoes). You never feel good when you're doing something wrong, no matter what it is. Today eating wrong changed the tune of our whole night. So much so, that we didn't even do a birthday cake. We felt so bad for eating that stuff that we couldn't bring ourselves to eat the cake too. Tomorrow we're back on track 100% and we'll do his birthday cake knowing that we earned it with eating right and working hard.

No comments: