Thursday, February 28, 2013

Swimming, my first love.


I swam today. It was SOOO nice! I miss swimming. I used to swim all the time. So, I wasn't 100% sure what to do for a workout since it'd been SOO long. I started out with freestyle. I did 100 freestyle and at first my body wanted to breathe every 3 strokes like I used to, but that only lasted 50 yards before I had to start breathing every stroke. After I warmed up some I did 100 breast stroke, 100 side stroke, 100 freestyle, 100 breast stroke. After that I was feeling a little beat, so I pulled out the kickboard and switched off and on for 50 yards between flutter kick and breast stroke kick. I swam for 30 minutes and when I got out of the pool my arms were a little wobbly. I guess I didn't realize how much of a work out it really was. 800 yards in 30 minutes, not bad! I bet I will feel it tomorrow. All these new muscles that haven't been worked in forever. 

I'm really excited to do this every Tues and Thurs. The girls did great at the child center while I swam. Rose played and Emmett slept, what more could a mom ask for!?

No comments: