Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I didn't want to do it...

I spent all day moving things around in the garage and cleaning up. I moved our small deep freezer down to the basement by myself and while lifting it up the stairs I kinda sorta pulled something behind my knee. Sure, it wasn't one of those "HOLY CRAP! I don't think I can walk." kind of pulls, but more of a "Awwww, dang... I hope this doesn't start something..." kind of thing. 

I didn't want to run. 

This week has been one of those weeks. The kind of weeks where you don't want to do anything, especially exercise, because it's so chaotic, but you know you REALLY need to because it will make things MUCH better. 

Anyway, I had to run to run...

I put it off until after I put the kids to bed. I went down stairs and started watching Biggest Loser on Hulu. I know that show always motivates me. There's no way I can be lazy while watching it. 

I started off walking...

 I'll just put it out there... I walked 80% of this run. That's ok. Walking is better than nothing, right? Well, to make up for it at each commercial break (about a minute in length) I pumped up the pace to 6, then 7, then 8... I felt awesome doing the 8 mph. I'll have to keep doing that. I'll keep getting stronger and stronger. :)

I'm glad I did it.

1 comment:

Amy said...

We just got home from vacation and I asked Josh if I could be exempt from running tonight. "Why are you doing it?" he asked me "to train for a 5k" I answered. "then you have to." he told me and handed me my ipod. It was a total Jason moment. :D (Jason is a celebrity in my head and I love it when Josh is like him.)