Monday, March 5, 2012

1st treadmill run

This morning was my first official run on the treadmill.

I ran 5 miles. It took me an hour to do, but I did it. :)

Running on a treadmill is a whole different mind game. Running on the road tends to be easier for me because my body naturally fluctuates in speed, but on the treadmill that's just not the case. Its a consistent speed, so my body's saying, "SLOW DOWN!!", but the treadmill's saying I'm already going slow. 

Brianna had fun recording me and Jason while we worked out. I showed my bro the video to see what he thought about my running stance and stuff. He said I looked good and I looked like my body naturally wanted to run. The only thing holding me back (I think) from going faster is my weight. 20 lbs is a lot. 40 lbs is even more. My body doesn't like going fast with so much weight. 

Tomorrow... 3 miles on the treadmill! :)

1 comment:

Marissa said...

awesome treadmill run! Yea, I think i'd agree with ya...I think running outdoors helps my mind stay clear and not think about the RUN, if that makes sense.