Saturday, March 24, 2012

10 tough miles

We were out late last night watching Hunger Games (GOOOOD SHOW!!) So, my early morning run today turned into an afternoon run. 

I skipped breakfast (stupid mistake) and then ate a 6" Black Forrest Ham sub for lunch about 20 minutes before running (another stupid mistake). I started out feeling great, but then around mile 2.5 my legs turned into lead. I walk/ran about a mile, turned around and went the other direction. I think changing directions did the trick for a while cause I was feeling great for the next 3 miles or so. Then the sub started bugging me. I kept burping peppers. Yeah, not the best thing. 

I stopped a gazillion times to try and get my mind in the game, but it wasn't working 100%. I just wasn't feeling it today for some reason. Maybe it was the lack of sleep, maybe it was not eating breakfast, maybe it was the sub. Maybe it was all of the above, but something wasn't working today.

I want to say I finished my run strong today, but that just wasn't the case. I barely made it. I'm glad I got out there and I'm glad I made it the distance, but something has to change. I really want to get back to where I was 2 years ago before I had Rose. I want running to be fun again like it is for my sister. 

Half marathon next Saturday!! Exciting! 

Maybe something will click this week and the half will be a breeze.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Good luck on your half next Saturday.

Maybe you have gotten the "bad run" out of the way and next week's run will be just fine and dandy!