Saturday, March 10, 2012

9 miles!

Jason was gone today and I didn't want to do 9 miles on the treadmill, so my sister came over and we switched off watching the kids while the other ran. 

Joy went first. She came back while I was making cinnamon rolls and I was surprised that she was home so soon. She looked at her watch and she finished 9 miles in 1.20!! She wanted me to run the same route to make sure the miles were right. Sure enough, she ran 9 miles! I told her when it comes race day not to stay back and wait for me. She needs to run ahead and get a good time. I think she'll really surprise herself. 

My 9 miles took me about 20 minutes longer than hers, but that's ok. I  was expecting that. That's about my norm. 
I need to give myself credit, though. 
 I'm a lot faster than I think I am. I kept thinking I was slow during my run, but when I looked at my Garmin I was under an 11 minute mile for over half of the run. Looking back at all my 9 mile runs this one was my fastest.

I felt really good during my run. I felt pretty strong. One thing I notice though, I stashed a drink on the bank of the lake in the rocks, when I'd finish a lap around the lake I'd stop for a second to get a drink. Well, after each drink I felt really bogged down. I think I may need to start taking my camelbak with me so I'm fueled during the whole run. 

Next week is a fun St. Patty's Day 10k with my sister. FUN!

Oh, I've lost 10.2 lbs since Jan 1st! yay! 
Myfitnesspal is AWESOME!

Life is good. :)

3 comments:

Christina said...

Good job on the under 11:00 mile run and that weight loss!

H Love said...

you are rocking it!! yay!

Marissa said...

way to go!!! lots of accomplishments...be PROUD!!!