Monday, March 26, 2012

4 days and 4 miles

4 days until this year's first half marathon. 

I'm excited to run this with my sister. She'll do it faster than me, I'm sure, but the fact that someone else I know is there starting the race by my side is awesome. 

This week is the week to taper before the half. Today I was scheduled to run 4 miles. I decided to do the treadmill since there were some crazy winds out there today. I started out the run thinking that I'd probably end up holding onto the sides and/or stopping like I normally do, but about 15 minutes into it I decided that wasn't going to be the case today. I was going to run a solid 4 miles on the treadmill at a good pace without cheating. 

I felt really good during my run. I felt like I was pushing myself, but I also felt like I was comfortable enough to keep going without quitting. I finished at 6.5 mph. Not too shabby. I had to shut off my mind a few times, I kept feeling those "gotta stop, gotta grab those handrails" thoughts from sneaking into my head. I just kept telling myself that I was almost done. No stopping. 

Don't get me wrong. I can run 4 miles without stopping, but running on the road and running on the treadmill are two totally different things. 

Tomorrow I run 3 miles, then 2, then a couple rest days, and then the half! 

No comments: