Monday, April 18, 2011

Yay!

Well, today started off great. I woke up and went on my run for today. I was scheduled to run 30 and walk 10. I was debating on running outside, but it was raining and me being the silly person I am decided that I'd just go to the gym and run on the treadmill. I didn't want my hair to get soaked with rain before my weigh in. lol!

So, I got to the gym and hopped on the treadmill. I started out walking 5 minutes and then I began to run. After 10 minutes I was feeling comfy so I decided to up the pace. I ended up getting up to 5.0! I know I went faster than that on Saturday, but for me the treadmill is harder cause you have to stay at a consistent pace the whole time and when you run on the road your pace changes naturally.

Around 14 minutes I wanted to hold onto the sides. My legs were starting to feel it, but they weren't drained. It's like my mind realizes when things are starting to get tough an it wants to quit. BUT, I DIDN'T! I kept going, but my mind kept nagging. "Hold onto the sides, it's ok." How can I say I ran it without holding on if I hold on? The funny thing is, I really didn't need to hold on. I was comfortable, but I was having to work at it.

Well, I finished it without holding on. 3.04 miles in 40 minutes. Really not bad considering I walked for 10 of those minutes.

I came home after that and weighed and I lost 3.4 pounds this last week!!!6 more pounds and I'll be under the 200's!!! Go me!

This week will be fun. We're going on vacation to California. My goal is to eat lots of fruits and veggies and run at the hotel's fitness center.

I hope everyone has a GREAT week!!

No comments: