Thursday, April 21, 2011

First time ever...

This is the first time I've ever kept up running while on vacation. Yay! On Tuesday I was scheduled for 20 walk and my strength exercises. It was a rest day. But, the hotel has a cool treadmill so I had to test it out. I walked for 10 minutes and then ran. I started out at 5.0 and quickly pushed it up to 5.5. I felt great! The treadmill was nice and smooth and I didn't feel like it was yanking my feet under me. (You know how some treadmills do that...) I was so surprised with myself for going 5.5 mph. I'm starting to go faster!

Well, yesterday I was stuck in the hotel ALL. DAY. LONG with 4 kids that wanted to get out. It was fun. When Jason got back around 9 I ran out the door and hit the treadmill for my run. 50 minutes running each mile at a 11:30 pace, with a 5 minute walk between each mile. I started out awesome. The first 2 miles flew by like it was nothing. I was even going at a 5.6 pace the whole time. The walks in between were helpful, but when mile 3 came around... that one was tough. I had drained all my energy and I could feel it. My hands were like magnets to the hand rails and the more I thought about it the harder it was to not hold on. I lowered the pace some and still felt the need to hold on for a couple seconds. Soooo...I caved and held on for about a minute or so. I finally finished the mile and had another 5 minute walk to finish it off. After about 3 of the 5 minutes I was feeling good and decided to run the last minute at a 6.0 pace. I know a minute isn't very long, but I did it. I ran at 6.0! 

I came up stairs and iced my legs, they were a little sore, and went to bed. I feel great for keeping it up while on the road. I've never done this before and it's awesome that my hubby is so helpful and willing to watch the kids while I get my exercise in. 

I'm just amazed at how well I'm doing. Yesterday marked 3 months since little Rosalie was born. She's such a good baby. It really helps!
(I had one if her smiling, but it was all blurry... Oh well, maybe next time.)

1 comment:

H Love said...

Rosalie is so so cute!! Good job running!