Friday, April 15, 2011

Playing Catch Up...

The past 3 days have been busy and I haven't been able to blog, BUT I have been able to run!

On Wednesday we took the kids to the park and my awesome husband watched them while I ran 4 miles. I was really impressed with myself. I was scheduled to run 45 minutes. I ran 45 and walked 5 to cool down and I went a little over 4 miles. I love that I'm getting a little faster with each run. I actually felt pretty good too. I was going faster, but I didn't feel like I was pushing myself any harder than normal.

On Thursday I was scheduled for a 20 minute walk and strength exercises. I did the walk with the family around the lake, but I was so busy with a million things that I didn't get the strength exercises in. Some is better than none, right?

Today I went out and ran 2 miles in 27 minutes. Not bad...not bad. Not super fast, but that's ok. I'm working up a sweat and it's getting easier each time I do it.

Tomorrow is my 2nd 5k! The SLC Marathon 5k. I'm hoping to go a little faster than I did last time. So, if I can beat 38.58 I'll be happy. I just need to update my tunes. I'm getting a little tired of the ones I have on there now. What are some of your favorite songs to run to??

Now, I'm off to bed...I've got an early race tomorrow!


Good luck to all those racing this weekend!!!

No comments: