1. Eating Split Pea soup 30 min before running 4 miles isn't the best idea. It's an even worse idea to eat it if your planning on running on a treadmill in the living room while everyone's watching Dancing With The Stars. It's not like running outside, you gotta hold your gas in. LOL!
2. Next time I'm gonna open a window and turn on the ceiling fan. Cause I sweat like a pig on the treadmill and I coulda used some cool air.
3. If I'm going to run on the treadmill I'm gonna need 2 towels. 1 for covering the numbers that stare me in the face the whole time and 1 for wiping my crazy sweat cause it's no fun getting it in your eyes.
4. Running on the treadmill is a mental game. I noticed today that before I got on and while I was running I kept saying, "Ugh! This is so tough! Why is it taking so long? Am I done yet?" I bet that if I were to run on the treadmill tomorrow and I went into it thinking that it was going to be easy and that I would finish quickly then that's what would happen. It's all about thinking positive.
5. Next time I'm wearing a tank top and shorts or something cause I was WAY too hot in my capris and tee.
6. I'm gonna put some Body Glide on my foot cause my right foot's "ring" toe is getting a nice little blister on it.
7. It's amazing how fast you feel when you go from running on the treadmill to running on the road. I felt like it was SO hard to go at 5.8 on the treadmill, but when the treadmill died on me at 3.71 miles and I went outside to finish the last bit (in the snow) I felt like I was flying. I was going at an 8 min mile pace and it was SO easy.
8. Snow + freezing cold air + sweat soaked tee = the best feeling! It was SOO nice after running so long in the hot house. I'm sure the 3 big guys standing by their truck in the dark thought I was a weirdo running around the block in the snow in just a tee shirt and capris.
9. Running in the morning is SO much better for me. I really need to get back into the routine of going early.
10. Short miles are really hard for me to run, but long miles like this weekend are easy. Sometimes I dread going 4 miles, but this weekend I am SO excited to run 16. How weird is that?
Today's run was hard, but I did it. Even if it was at 8:20 at night and on the dread...I mean...treadmill. :)