Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Soo...yeah.

I took today off. I had so much running around to do and Gma T wasn't home for most of the day so, I didn't get much time to go out and run. I guess I could have run on the treadmill, but I'm trying to take it easy before the race and running on the treadmill takes a LOT of effort. Hahaha! So, today was an off day and I'm not beating myself up about it. :)

Tomorrow I have 4 or 3 miles, I'm thinking I'm going to go with the 3 miles. I don't remember if I said it yesterday or not, but my muscles below my shins hurt. It's from running in the snow and working out those muscles. I want to be fresh for my run on Saturday so, I'm going to take it light the rest of this week. It's so weird to say that going 3 miles or even 4 is taking it light. A year ago there was no way I would have thought running that much was light training.

I got an email yesterday verifying my race and they had me set to run the 5k. No way! I want to run the 10k! So, I emailed them back and they got it all figured out. They were looking at the receipt for the 5k race I ran with them last October. Good thing they sent out that email. It would have sucked to get there and run the 10k and them only have me down for the 5k. It's gonna be a good race. I'm excited. The only thing though....there's a massive hill at the end of the race. Oooh, I hope I've got the energy I need. :) Maybe I'll take a GU with me. Some caffeine will help. I want to run this one faster than my last (and first 10k) at 1.10.34. I think I can totally do it. It would be awesome if I could get it under an hour, but I'm kinda thinking that's a lot to ask. But, it would be awesome. :)

No comments: