Saturday, March 12, 2011

Rain, wind, and night.

Today was busy. I didn't get up and run in the morning, I was planning on running in the afternoon while the kids were sleeping. Well, rather than getting my run in (I know, I really should have.) I took a nap as well. It's 4:30 when I woke up and now I want to go run. Not gonna happen... Soooo.... We end up running errands and getting pizza for dinner and I start to get cranky cause I still haven't gotten my run in.

It's now 6:30 and Jason offers to drop me off at the soccer fields and have me run home. I wasn't sure about it at first. I didn't have my watch and it was starting to rain. The closer we got to the soccer fields the more my mind started to change. Who needs a watch anyway, right? So, I pulled up MapMyRun on my phone, told Jason to drop me off, and away I went.

My muscles were a little sore from yesterday's workout, but I think they were extra sore on my right side because I was being a genius yesterday.

Here's the story with that... Our BOB stroller is usually hanging at the top of the garage on one of those bike hooks. Well, I wanted to take all the kids for a walk and Jason wasn't available to get the BOB down for me. So, me being the smarty pants I am, I take the ladder and start to take it down myself. It's not too heavy right? Wrong! I wasn't as strong as I thought I was, so the BOB and I fell over on top of the car. The car got a tiny little dent and I got nice and banged up. Needless to say, I'm a little sore and very blessed. I'm lucky I just fell over and got a little banged up. It could have been much worse.

Anyway, my run went well. It was cold and wet and the wind was blowing at first. I started out with a 10 minute walk and then I started running. My mind fell into the groove and my legs followed. I ended up going 4 miles in an hour. Not too bad. I felt great through out the whole thing. My muscles felt great and I was glad to be out there. I just love when a run goes smoothly. Now that I'm settling down I can feel my muscles aching on my right side. Nothing too bad, I'm not going to cry over it and it's not stopping me from moving around. It just feels like I worked out really hard on my right side.

I'm glad to have gotten my run in. I'm a much happier momma, wife, and person. Now, for a good nights sleep! Yay!

1 comment:

Cynthia O'H said...

Oh goodness! I hope you heal quickly. I have had many, many days that I've had to struggle getting our jogger down. I find it is the size, not the weight, that makes it so tricky.