Sunday, May 30, 2010

This Week's Runs + An Update

Now that it's 2 weeks from my marathon it's TAPER TIME!!
Exciting!!

This week while I was gone from "blog world" I was able to run  all my miles + a 17 mile run on down the Provo trail.
I saw waterfalls and a beautiful river.
About 80% of the trail looked like that. The weather was perfect and my legs felt good. It was a nice run. When I got out of the canyon I got lost for a little bit, but after about 20 minutes I was able to get back onto the trail. It was a pretty uneventful run other than a guy stopping and asking how many miles I was running and another guy yelling out of his truck, when I was lost, and scaring the crap out of me. I would totally run the Provo River Trail again, it was really nice.

I think I'm ready for the marathon. I know I'm not going to be fast and there's no way I'm going to do it in under 4 hours, but I'm going to do my best and keep running and finish. :)

This weeks runs are going to be easy & simple:
Monday: 4 Miles
Tuesday: 3 Miles (My 28th Birthday Run!)
Wednesday: 5 Miles
Thursday: 8 Miles
Friday: OFF
Saturday: Crack of Dawn 6k with my momma!
Sunday: OFF

This weeks goals are to run all my runs, have an awesome Memorial Day weekend, enjoy my 28th birthday with LOTS of family, and have a fun little race this coming weekend without hurting myself. :)

I hope everyone has a great week!!

7 comments:

Amy said...

That is a beautiful trail. Good for you! And hooray for the marathon!

Unknown said...

That trail sounds great! Happy Birthday and have a great race! Take lots of photos to post!!

misszippy said...

Looks like a spectacular trail! Happy birthday. Keep resting up and getting ready for the big day!

Holly - Run Like the Wind (or Shuffle Like an Old Lady) said...

That trail looks beautiful!!!!

Teamarcia said...

Great running! You ARE ready and you WILL do great! Have a fantastic birthday week!

H Love said...

Love the pics. I'm so proud of your running...you are rock star.

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous trail! It sounds like you're ready for your big day! Keep on resting!