Saturday, September 18, 2010

Stupid is as stupid does...

I've decided that I'm not going to be stupid, but first....

Check out my new shoes!
They're nice and comfy and give my just the right amount of support. I've even been wearing them around and not going barefoot. Go me! :)

So, back to not being stupid...

I was scheduled to go 10 miles today. I got up and thought that 10 miles probably wasn't the best idea considering I haven't really been running for the past 3-4 weeks. So, I started out walking like I usually do. I felt fine so I ran some. Well, even though I have the new shoes that feel good on my feet, I could feel some of the plantar fasciitis flaring up, a blister forming on my right ring toe, and my IT band was starting to ache too. So, rather than push myself to go 10 miles I stopped at 3 and went home.

I did a lot of thinking during my walk and I decided that I'm not going to run the SoJo Half. I'm trying to be smart and I know that if I wasn't pregnant I would have run it anyway, but being 19 weeks pregnant and all I think it's best not to run it.

So, I called my brother, Aaron who ran his first half marathon last month, and asked him if he would be willing to run the race in my place. He was more than happy to. The only question is, will they let me transfer my race over to him. I know the Halloween Half (the one I'm supposed to run in October) won't let you transfer, but this one doesn't say anything about not being able to.

Now, the question is...next month since I can't transfer my place in the race to anyone, do I think that I can train myself enough in one month to be able to complete the Halloween half even if I have to walk the whole thing? I think it might be possible. We'll see.

19 weeks and still growing. :) Funny thing is, I feel SO much smaller than I did with the other kids at this point. Let's hope it stays that way and I don't plump up like I did with the others.

I hope everyone has a great productive weekend!

5 comments:

Hayley said...

You look so cute and pregnant. Love it! When is the ultrasound?

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

aww!! Look at your cute picture!! :D love it! Your new shoes are pretty sweet too! :D

mommaof3ontherun said...

I love belly shots! Thanks for sharing1

Unknown said...

It doesn't matter if you run or walk the half; what matters is that you and bambino are doing it.
Your belly looks awesome.

Whitney said...

Yay for new shoes! I can't wait for January when I can get a new pair for spring training. Bummer about the SoJo. NEXT YEAR!!