Sunday, September 26, 2010

PUMPKIN!!!!

Ooooh!!! The house smells SO good.
 It has a nice fall smell going on. Too bad the weather's not cooperating right now...it's in the upper 80's and tomorrow it's supposed to be 90. Come on Mother Nature...we need to cool it down around here!


Here's the recipe you've been waiting for!
Crust:
1 pkg. yellow cake mix (reserve 1 c. for topping)
½ c. melted margarine
1 egg
Mix together and stir in 9”x13” pan.

Filling:
3 c. pumpkin
2/3 c. milk
2 eggs
1 c. sugar
2¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Whip together until smooth, then pour over crust.

Topping:
1 c. reserved cake mix
¼ c. sugar
¼ c. soft margarine
Mix together until crumbly and sprinkle over filling.

Bake at 350F for 45-50 minutes until set. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.


I forgot to add an egg to my crust, but you couldn't really tell. It turned out REALLY good. Jay likes his cold and I like mine warm. Either way works. I took the pumpkin at the top of the post and cooked it up and used it for my puree. I love cooking my own pumpkins...none of that canned pumpkin for me. :) But, if you're not into cooking your own, the canned works just fine.

It's not a lowfat recipe by any means, but you are getting some vegetables and that's good...right?
I hope you enjoy!!

4 comments:

Julie @ HotlegsRunner said...

Wow! that looks really yummy!

Whitney said...

I've got a really bad craving for pumpkin treats and this sounds perfect! Thanks for sharing!
P.S. What's up with the 90s?!? I NEED cooler weather!!

busyrunningmama said...

Still have a can of pumpkin in my pantry from last fall ( no it hasn't expired, and I have no time for cooking pumpkins!) and this recipe looks amazing and easy! I'm gonna try it!!!

lovshinmom said...

I don't have time to cook up a pumpkin either. Good thing we can buy it in a can. I guess it was made even lower in fat by omitting an egg. Maybe that was a good oops.