Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hilly walk

This morning J and I took the kids on a 3.5 mile walk down to the grocery store and back. It's a nice down hill all the way there and then coming home with 2 tired kids + groceries in the stroller makes the uphill climb a little more difficult. It's all good. It gave us the workout we wanted/needed.

Tomorrow I'm planning on getting up early and doing my run.

I joined Courtney's 100 day challenge, today's day 4. My goal is to move for at least 20 minutes a day for 100 days. It doesn't have to be running, but as long as I set aside 20 minutes a day to intentionally move for exercise it counts. Well, things have gone alright so far. I've done 20 minutes a day, but it hasn't been time that was intentionally set aside. I've been walking B to school everyday and today I did the 3.5, but I've been feeling so guilty for not really "getting out", ya know? Oh well, some thing's better than nothing.

On to baby stuff....

I'm thinking I'm going to have a boy. With all the other kids I never had a real big "it's a ____" feeling, but having had one of each this time feels a lot like when I was pregnant with C. I started out at the same weight and even though I'm gaining a lot my body type is staying the same. With the girls I just plumped up all over, with C I gained, but still fit all my clothes and didn't look/feel over weight. I've also been hungry all the time craving veggies, fruits, breads, jalapenos (or anything spicy), and Hooter's wings. I'll eat until I'm full (but not over eat) and then an hour later I'm starving. That's how it was with C. He ended up being a 9lb 2oz baby that LOVED to eat. It was different with the girls, I had a normal appetite, but ate whatever I wanted cause I was pregnant and gained a ton and they ended up being 6lbs 8oz and 7lbs 4oz. I just hope I can stay under 200lbs this time. I don't know how possible that is since I'm already 186, but we'll see. Anyway, I'm thinking boy, but I'll find out at the end September what it is for sure.


Only 30 days until the SoJo Half Marathon!! I'm thinking there may be a lot of walking going on, we'll see.

2 comments:

Zoƫ said...

Great job keeping active while prego! 20 minutes a day sounds like a fantastic plan. :)

Keep up the great work!

Unknown said...

I'm doing the challenge too. It is a good motivator in terms of setting your own plan and sticking to them.

Sounds like a boy to me (I have two). I use the "ugly" rule: if you gain weight and your appearance really changes, it's a girl - blame it on clashing hormones. Just my own madness to the guessing game....