Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Double Day.

I got up at 7 and got running before I had to get B to school.
This is what I woke up to and what I ran in. The funny thing is I'm being such a sissy! I ran through 10x's worse snow in the winter so why is it so hard to get my butt out and run in the snow in the spring time? Anyway, I got out and ran in the snail (snow/hail). I kept a pretty even pace and finished in 46 min just in time to get B to school.
What a difference! By 3 the snow had melted and the temps went up. The crazy thing though...one side of the valley was CRAZY stormy and the other side looked like this...

Weird. Spring really needs to make up its mind.

The wind was blowing the storm away from me which was nice. I ran this 4 in 44 min. I felt like I was going insanely slow, but I was going a lot faster than I thought. I felt good, the only thing I would change is I wouldn't run in my old shoes again. They need to be retired. I gotta stick to my new ones. It's so crazy though...the shoes don't look THAT old.

Oh well, today was good. Tomorrow's 8 miles. I'm just gonna take my time and go slow.

7 comments:

Erica said...

good job getting out there!!! Soon we will all be complaining that it is too warm!!

Anne said...

I'm finding spring snow harder to get out into also!! Great job getting it done :)

Unknown said...

Spring snow is just plain dirty; nothing about it appeals to me. Hopefully a bit of heat will take it away sooner than we expect.

Kerrie said...

I love it when you think you are going slow and then you get home and you're like, "Oh!" Good job!

H Love said...

nice job! do you have brooks? I just got asics and ran today but felt loose and went back and got some brooks. I will try them out tomorrow?? Good luck on your 8!!

Judi said...

I missed my Monday run too! My partner is in Florida so my motivation to get myself out alone was not there! I made it out on Tuesday and then missed again today! Ahhhh I need by partner back! Hope your 8 miles goes well today!

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

Good job getting out there! Have a good 8 miler ... and ditch the old shoes!