Monday, February 24, 2014

Yes.

I watched this video about running and it made me remember why I ran. Why I'd get up early in the morning before anyone was awake and run more miles than anyone would normally think about. this morning I got up at 6 and headed out. I knew I wouldn't be able to do as much as my mind thought I could do, and I knew I didn't have the time to try anyway. I walked the first .25 and then ran the rest only stopping to get a picture of the sunrising.
It felt good to just run. My legs felt great and my mind felt great. The time seemed to just pass as I ran. I didn't run fast. It was nothing more than a 14 minute mile, but still, I ran. I moved. I know my body  and mind NEED to run. I know they NEED the exercise. It's my time to just think. Sometimes I'll use music, but today was a "talk with the Lord" kind of run. Everything is so silent it's easy to just listen. Early morning is the best time It's not always the easiest time to run and sometimes (most of the time) it doesn't even happen then. But, I know for me early morning before anyone else is awake. That's MY time. 

No comments: