Thursday, February 27, 2014

Even though I didn't want to...

Last night I was debating on not going out to run since I was so tired, but I kept my alarm on anyway. I went to bed early and by 5:45 this morning I woke up to a little baby boy screaming cause of a bad dream. I figured it was close enough to my alarm going off that I'd just stay up and get dressed to run. I didn't really feel like it today. I was super tired and I was having some major cramps, but I went anyway. I switched up my route a little today and caught up with my momma halfway into my run.

It turned out to be a good thing that I went anyway because my mom was thinking the same thing. She wanted to go back to bed, but saw me and decided to run rather than go back to sleep. She was able to hit a 12 something mile today! She did awesome! I ended up running 3 miles this morning. I'm glad I went out there and got it done. It's not going to make a difference in my heath and weight if I don't make it a habit and it won't become a habit unless I get out there and go even when I don't want to. If I didn't go today I would have made an excuse the next time and the next time and the time after that until I wasn't running anymore.


I came across this blog yesterday that really got me motivated. She's lost 100 lbs in a year by exercising and eating right. I was doing that back when I started in 2009 and then had 2 babies which threw me off. But, now that I'm done having babies I can FOCUS on running and getting healthy. I can lose the weight I need and be the healthy, happy Cathy I deserve to be. I've been losing the same 5lbs since before October, something's gotta change and I'm going to make that happen!

So far I've done great this week. I've gone out and exercised every day this week. I've upped my mileage by .25 each day. It's feeling good. Now, I need to throw in a little speed work here or there to help me progress. I know I can do the miles, it's a matter of making them quality miles and not just miles.

No comments: