Monday, August 1, 2011

The first step

The first step for me when it comes to running is the actual getting out and doing it. I woke up this morning when the alarm went off at 5:15 and then crawled back into bed and fought with myself for 15 minutes on if I should run now or wait until later in the day.

I ended up getting up and going. 5 miles DONE! Slow, but comfortable. I really need to get to bed earlier. I think that's what's making me feel so slow. Going to bed at 11-12, waking up at 5, and then chasing kids all day... somethings not right in that picture. I need to go to bed around 10 or something.

I feel proud of myself for getting out there and going this morning. It took a lot of prayer, but I did it and everything worked out great. I really wanted to start August off on the right foot. Can you believe it's August already?? Man, times flies!

3 comments:

Cathy Roggia said...

mind over mattress! good job

Christina said...

Great post! And let this be a lesson for me and you and everyone else.

I actually drove to the Y and made a detour instead so I didn't get my run in. Stupid, I know. ARGH! I could have gotten my run done and done and done. Now, it is going to follow me like a dark cloud over my head until I get it done.

Julia said...

really is true...summer has flown by.

So glad you got up and got out there...I can totally relate. It has been tough for me to get up this summer but I am always glad that I did :)