Saturday, June 11, 2011

SLACKER!

Yep, still in Texas and still haven't run. It's too hot.... That's my excuse. Tomorrow I have 10 miles scheduled. I wish I can get it in, but I have to drive 2 hours to Dallas to pick Jason up and 2 hours back to Waco or 5 hours back to San Antonio. We'll see. I really need to do it. All I've been doing for exercise is pushing a stroller in the 100 degree heat while checking out all the different sites with the family. Fun fun.

Yesterday I stepped on a toad....
 That's exciting right?  I stepped on the thing barefoot. GROSS!!! It still gives me the chills thinking about how it felt squishy on my heel. YUCK! I didn't squish it, it hopped away with no injuries, but still GROSS!

I was also stung by a bee on Monday. Not too big of a deal except it was on my elbow and I'm pretty allergic to the stinkin' things. My elbow swelled up and itched like mad. It's just now starting to go away. 
Oh well, it's been fun! I love spending time with my family. :) I'm going home soon and then I can get back to running. Hopefully I didn't lose too much of my training by missing these couple weeks. I have a half in less than 2 weeks!! Eeek!

3 comments:

Belkycita said...

I really hope you get your running in and that you never get to step on one of those things again.. yucks!!!

Jennifer said...

Are you a barefoot/minimalist runner?

Julia said...

thanks for checking out my giveaway!!! you live in utah!?! love that! maybe I will see you at the half next weekend?? :)