Monday, June 6, 2011

San Antonio...freakin' HOT!

For the past few days I've been in San Antonio, TX visiting family. I've attempted to run a couple times, but by 7 am it's already in the 90's and the humidity is way up there so my 6 mile run on Saturday turned into a barely there 1.75 mile run. Call me crazy, but I'd rather take the altitude that Utah brings over the heat of Texas. Man, oh man...

I made up the other 4 miles by walking around the Alamo and the River walk down here. Pretty cool stuff....it was freakin' hot and I got a little tan, but the stuff was neat.

Later this week I'm going up to Waco and Dallas and I'm hoping to be able to workout at the fitness center at my bros place. I need to figure out something cause on Saturday I have a 11ish (hoping for more) mile run due.

I had the Utah Valley Half scheduled for this weekend, but I decided I didn't want to run my first half since having Rosalie and not have anyone there at the finish.Plus, I didn't want to fly home with 2 little ones by myself. Soooo, I switched it to the American Fork Half. It'll be a good race and it's for a good cause.

Hopefully this week I'll have a better post with some running included. :)

No comments: