Sunday, July 27, 2014

Fastest mile

On Friday I decided to run fast. I ran the first 2 miles around a 12 minute pace and then decided to run my 3rd mile as fast as I could. My fastest miles have been going down the canyons during a race and they have been in the low 9's and I really wanted to prove to myself that I could run a mile on a normal course (not down hill) in the same pace. I really surprised myself! 
 I ran it in 8:44!!!! What?! I haven't run a mile that fast since elementary school when they had us run the mile for the presidential fitness test. I even felt like I had some gas left in the tank to keep going. This week I'm going to go farther. I'm thinking a mile and a half. I really want to get stronger and faster and to do that I have to practice going fast. This course even had a couple up hill spots! 

No comments: