Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Years Revolution Run

This morning I got up at 7 when my alarm went off and headed out to the Olympic Oval to run the Revolution run. I was excited for this one mainly for the fact that last year it took me 3 hours to run it. I knew that I would do better this year, but I also knew that I hadn't run a real race or much running since the Saltair Half in early November. 

I met up with my friend Sonja and started running some laps. After about 3 laps we saw Becca and she started running with us. I felt pretty good for the first 20 laps and then my right thigh started aching. I have this one pair of shoes that are made for over pronating, and I don't over pronate. I think the turning of the track combined with the shoes made my thigh ache. 

I ran with Becca and Sonja for a while and then took a little break. I then ran with Shelley and Meredith for a while. They really helped me get past the mental block of running laps. Meredith was having Shelley run fast and then slow and I just followed along. I took a water break and then finished the 48 laps with Becca. I think with all the stopping and talking I did made my time 2.46. If I would have run/walked the whole thing without  all that I would have been closer to 2.30. 

All in all it was a good race. I felt good even with having not trained. I even beat last year's time. :) My next race isn't until March or April. We'll see. 


No comments: