Monday, September 1, 2014

Temple to Temple Steeple Chase

Jason and I got up early and headed over to the church to meet up with my mom. We were about to run the 5 mile temple to temple run. It would be from the Oquirrh Mountain Temple to the Jordan River Temple. I ran this one last year with my mom and we kept it at about a 15 min pace the whole time. This year I'd be running with Jason and then catching up with my mom after. 
 When I woke up I got a text from my mom that she was wearing her Return With Honor shirt. I totally forgot about that, so I went through my drawer and found the one I wore last year. Holy cow! It was HUGE on me. I went through the kids drawers and found my 8 yr old's shirt. Haha! It fit!! I was so surprised! Talk about feeling good. 
 We started out and mom said to go ahead without her. This was Jason's first 5 mile race since high school. The goal was just to run and have fun with it. He did awesome! He tends to start out too fast and then slows down towards the end. Around mile 3.5-4 he was saying sorry for slowing down and I told him we could walk if he needed to and he said "Twitchell's don't walk!" He did amazing! We ran the whole way and finished in 52.09 minutes! After we crossed the line he said his knee was bugging him so, we walked around for a minute and then walked to meet up with my mom. She wasn't very far behind us. 
 I was so impressed with her. She ran it with at a 12-13 min pace! I love that woman! She's so amazing. Go mom! Go mom! 

We all got some popsicles at the finish and took a couple pictures by the Jordan River Temple. I love being able to run with my family! I hope to be as awesome as my mom when I grow up. I'm so proud of Jason. I think he's starting to catch the running bug. :) I love it! He's such an amazing man. I'm blessed to have him as mine. 

No comments: