Monday, November 7, 2011

3 miles...

I've been wanting to get faster. My goal is to run a comfortable 8:30 pace by my next half marathon in April. So, this morning I did 3 miles around the lake. I have this thing for Reese's Peanut Butter Pumpkins that come out around Halloween. I promised myself that if I could run 3 miles faster than 31 minutes that I'd earn my favorite treat. 

I headed out and got the first mile down in 10 minutes. The second mile I pushed a little harder and finished around 9 minutes. I stopped a couple times in that second mile to catch my breath and I'm going to work on running straight without stopping for a faster pace. The third mile I ran around 10 minutes for 3 miles under 30 minutes. 

I'm pretty amazed with myself. I ran so much last month... a marathon, a 5k, and a half marathon. Sometimes I wonder how I do these things and honestly I don't know, but I do know I'm really blessed. Jason's been so great with watching the kids and everything. :)

Oh, so I've been having a tough time with the new Weight Watchers Points Plus, but last week I promised I'd track every day last week and I did. I tracked and I lost 4.4lbs this week!! :) Yay! It's just what I needed to get me motivated to keep going. I'm totally going to keep it up!

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

You are AMAZING! A well earned Reese's. ;) I hope I can bounce back after my next baby. Way to go, wonder woman.

Anonymous said...

That's a great goal for your half, looks like you're on track to do it! And wow on the 4 pounds! Tracking food makes such a difference. I haven't done it in a while, but was amazed how much I was eating right after having my daughter!