Saturday, March 22, 2014

Riverton Half Marathon

 My mom, dad, and I got up early and headed over to Riverton to run. I was running the half marathon and my mom was running the 5k. It was a really beautiful day. There was a bit of a wind and it was a little chilly, but it wasn't too bad. 
 Dad and mom at the start. My dad got that shirt when I ran my first marathon and my mom her first half. 

My mom and I before the race. It was a little chilly so I had my jacket on. 

I met up with some new running friends before the race and figured I'd run with whoever was sticking with the 2.30 pacer. I met a new friend, Catherine and stuck with her and the 2.30 pacer until about mile 5. 
 Pic from around mile 4 or 5.

The mile markers were off by about half a mile so after a while it was really getting to me mentally. It was a really tough course for me just because of the markers and because I didn't really train for it. I walked and ran off and on for the last 8 miles. My little brother, Adam called me about mile 6 not knowing that I was running a half and was surprised. 

I ended up finishing in 2.48.30. It was really challenging for me and I was glad when it was over. 


My mom got 1st place in her age group in the 5k! Haha! She got a BIG purple plastic medal. Haha! I love being able to run with my mom now that she's close by. 

No comments: