Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Mmmm...

I was reading this blog yesterday and she was making her own LARABARs. I've never had one before, but it looked tasty so, I went to the store and got some dates. Yeah... dates look weird! I wasn't too sure about it, but I figured I'd add some Nutella to the mix and it'd make everything taste great.

(Not the BEST picture, but they're oh, so good!)

This morning I threw a pound of dates, a cup of cashews, and a couple big spoonfuls of Nutella into my food processor and made myself my own Nutella Larabars. I laid it all out in an 8x8 pan and put it in the fridge for about an hour and they were good to go. They taste kinda like brownies. They were just the right texture and even my daughter who doesn't like nuts or Nutella (weirdo!) ate them and wanted more. That's the other cool thing about these, they're made with "good for you" stuff so you don't have to feel guilty eating it. 

I love simple treats that are good for you. :)

No comments: