Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Blog slacker....

I know I've been slacking on posting lately. Things have been so busy. BUT, I have been running still. Monday I did 3.58 miles around the lake, Tuesday I did a simple walk to the park with the kids, and today I did 4.04 miles!!

Today's run/walk was a good one. This is how it went walk 5- run 20 at 5k pace- walk 5- run 1 mile under 11 minutes- walk 10. I started out awesome! I did the first mile in 12.30 which isn't bad considering I walked the first 5 minutes of it. The second mile was 11.09! Then I walked 5 and ran the last mile under 11 minutes. Sure, it was 10:57, but it was still under 11. lol! I was so drained halfway through that last mile that I had to stop for a second and catch my breath and then keep going. Talk about a TOUGH workout. I'm just glad I did it and was able to accomplish my goal. I love that I'm able to keep my pace and I'm going faster. I just love that feeling after a GREAT run. It just makes you feel soo accomplished.

Well, 44 days until my half marathon. CRAZY! It's coming up fast and I'm excited. A little nervous, but still excited. It'll be a good race. I just love the half marathon. I think it's my favorite distance.

Tomorrow's another "rest" day which is good after today's run, but I'm more excited about Saturday's run. 65 minutes I'm scheduled to run and 10 to walk. I love long runs!!

I hope everyone's week is going well!

2 comments:

Marissa said...

wow, you ran your first marathon, pregnant? SO amazing! I'm new the running and just found your blog through another running blog :) been reading your previous posts and can't wait to read more...

NEWEST FOLLOWER HERE!!!

http://letsmoveitmommas.blogspot.com

Mom said...

Hi there just found your blog, very nice. I am running my first marathon in Nov (phila) kinda nervous but ready foe the challenge